If you're in financial difficulty your first step should be to let us know by emailing email@example.com. If you keep us up to date about your circumstances we'll be able to:
- Suggest more specific resources that may help you
- Discuss your options to find something to suit you
- Give you some space if you need time to look into the support available
- Keep your lender or supplier up to date so you don’t have to (please note we can only contact companies who have passed your account to us)
What can you do to increase your income?
Find out how to check if you can increase your income.
👆 This page covers:
- How to check if you are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to
- How to check if the wages you are receiving are correct
- Further support for bills and childcare
You could also look into ways to make your income go further by:
Need more help?
- If you are applying for Universal Credit, Citizens Advice can help with the early stages of your claim.
- The Turn2Us Find an Adviser tool allows you to search for local advice and information on benefits, housing, and jobs. Additionally, you can search for grants, funds, and help using their get support page.
- You can request a support visit from a DWP officer if you need help to claim benefits. Find out how to do this here.
- Money Helper’s page on living on a squeezed income provides information on the support available, and what you can do to make your income go further.